Showcase welcomes several returning shows this summer to its super sized schedule as well as blockbuster movies.
In Part II of our coverage let’s take a look at Intelligence Season 2, Roswell, New Mexico Season 3 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker all coming to the network this summer and accessible through StackTV and the Global TV App.
Intelligence Season 2
At the end of the first series of Intelligence, we saw NSA agent Jerry Bernstein (David Schwimmer) narrowly avoid being extradited back to the States to face charges of treason. Indebted to his boss Christine (Sylvestra Le Touzel) for stepping in to protect him at the last minute – albeit with ulterior motives – we start series 2 with Jerry on the back foot.
However when it’s revealed that the Russians have got their hands on a cyberweapon that Jerry was instrumental in developing, his intel suddenly becomes vital to national, if not international, security. Facing some demons from his past along the way, by the end of episode 1 he is firmly back in his alpha male comfort zone and heralded a hero.
Meanwhile, Joseph (Nick Mohammed) has romance on the cards since sparking up an online friendship with Charlotte from the GCHQ offices in Bude. Romance blossoms and not even Jerry’s meddling nor Christine’s ban on cross-departmental relationships can get in the way.
Premieres Sunday, June 20 at 10 p.m. ET on Showcase.
In Season 3, still reeling from the events of last year, the Roswell aliens and their allies are drawn back together through a threat from a familiar stranger and a murder that has not yet happened. From near and from far, amidst breakups, reunions, scientific advancements and the impending death of someone they hold dear, our heroes must grapple with two central questions: Who enters our lives and defines who we are? And what power do we really have over our own futures? Roswell, New Mexico stars Jeanine Mason, Nathan Dean, Michael Vlamis, Lily Cowles, Tyler Blackburn, Heather Hemmens, Michael Trevino, Trevor St. John and Amber Midthunder.
Premieres Monday, July 26 at 8 p.m. ET on Showcase
|In Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the riveting conclusion of the landmark Skywalker saga, new legends will be born – and the final battle for freedom is yet to come.|
Premieres Saturday, July 10 at 9 p.m. ET on Showcase
- Pride Weekend – From June 25 to 27, Showcase celebrates the2SLGBTQ+ community with a dynamic line-up of 2SLGBTQ+-inclusive programming including award-winning movies, a Supergirl marathon, marathons of Emmy®-Award winning Schitt’s Creek, and a Batwoman marathon leading up to the Season 2 finale on Sunday, June 27 at 9 p.m. ET. Additional programming will be announced at a later date.
- New episodes of Legacies on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET.
- New episodes of All American on Mondays at 8 p.m. ET.
- New episodes of Strange Angel on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET.
- New episodes of the final season of Supergirl return on Tuesday, August 24 at 9 p.m. ET.